Brochures and Guides
Learn about benefits and programs for MHS members.
- Member Handbook (PDF) - Overview of your health coverage
- MHS Overview (PDF) - Learn about MHS and the programs we offer
- Caregiving Collaborations™ (PDF) - Special program for caregivers that provides extra support
- Care Management Programs (PDF) - How MHS Care Managers can help you stay healthy
- Crisis Text Line (PDF) - In crisis? Get free, confidential support, 24/7
- Fresh Start for You (PDF) - Learn more about the Behavioral Health program and earning My Health Pays rewards
- 24-Hour Nurse Advice Line (PDF) - How and when to contact the free nurse line
- How to Schedule Transportation (PDF) - How to get free rides to the doctor and more
- My Health Pays Rewards (PDF) - How to earn rewards for completing healthy activities
- myStrength (PDF) - Web and mobile tools to help you get better and stay mentally strong
- Ombudsman Program (PDF) - How to get help working with MHS
- SNAP QRG (PDF) - Learn the benefits of SNAP and find out if you qualify
- Teladoc Virtual Health (PDF) - Get help for non-emergency medical issues 24 hours a day, by video or phone
Moms and Kids
MHS wants to make sure you and your children get the best care possible.
- Baby and Toddler Check-Up Schedule (PDF) - Find out when your baby/toddler should receive a well-child check-up
- Child and Adolescent Check-Up Schedule (PDF) - Find our when your child/adolescent should recieve a well-child check-up
- Child's Dental Visit (PDF) - How to get a $20 reward by scheduling your child's dental visit
- Children with Special Needs Program (PDF) - Services for kids with special needs and their parents
- EPSDT Brochure (Ages 0-6) (PDF) - Recommended Vaccines for Children from Birth Through 6 Years Old
- EPSDT Brochure (Ages 7-21) (PDF) - Recommended Vaccines for Adults/Children from 7 Through 21 Years old
- ER or Doctor Visit? (PDF) - How to know where to go when your child is sick
- First Year of Life (PDF) - Free program designed to help guide new parents through their baby's first year of milestones
- Healthy Kids Club (PDF) - Free program for kids with books, newsletters and personalized ID cards
- Important Information for MHS Moms (PDF) - MHS maternity services and working with WIC
- Keeping Your Child Safe (PDF) - A guide to follow-up care for your child after behavioral health hospitalization
- Special Deliveries (PDF) - A case management program for pregnant women
- Start Smart for Your Baby (PDF) - An educational program for pregnant women
- Talking to Your Child about Anxiety (PDF) - Learn the signs of anxiety in children and how to help your child cope with their anxiety
- Virus or Bacteria: What's Got You Sick? (PDF) - Find out when antibiotics are needed
Learn how to get information about your health insurance on the go. Get tips for using our portal, website and mobile app.
- Find a Provider Search Results (PDF) - Learn about the information you see in the Find a Provider tool
- Member Portal Registration Help (PDF) - How to create a Member Portal account
- Member Portal Brochure (PDF) - How to use the Member Portal features
- Member Portal PMP Change (PDF) - How to change your PMP on the Member Portal
- MyMHS Mobile App (PDF) - How to download and use the MyMHS Mobile App
- New Portal Features (PDF) - Learn about an easier way to log into your portal and how to save a digital ID card
Understanding Your Health Insurance
Do you want to know when you should go to the ER or how much some services may cost? Check these guides for tips about your health insurance.
- Average Healthcare Costs (PDF) - Member guide to health care costs
- Behavioral Health Emergency: Know When to Go (PDF) - How to decide if you should call your provider or go to the hospital for a behavioral health emergency
- Understanding Medically Frail (PDF) - How the Medically Frail Program works and how you can qualify
- What is an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) (PDF) - Helpful guide to understanding an Explanation of Benefits (EOB)
- Where to Go for Care: Is It An Emergency? - Options for care right away, including telehealth, urgent care centers and the ER
MHS wants you to be informed about important health topics.
- Advanced Directives (PDF) - Find out how to make important decisions now about your future health care
- All About Anxiety (PDF) - Learn what anxiety is and how to treat it for adults
- Indiana's Opioid Epidemic (PDF) - MHS programs to help with substance use
- Make the Most of Your Healthcare Visits (PDF) - Use this sheet to help you get ready for your next doctor’s visit and then to help you afterwards
- Opioid Information (PDF) - What parents need to know about teen substance use
- Protect Your Family from Lead (PDF) and Lead Brochure (PDF) - How to recognize and avoid lead exposure, and when your children need tested
- Recovery is Possible (PDF) - Find out the treatment options for substance use disorder
- Staying Well After a Behavioral Health Hospitalization (PDF) - Find out what to do after a Behavorial Health Hospital Stay
- Teen and Anxiety (PDF) - Learn what anxiety is and how to treat it for teens
- Tobacco Quitline (PDF) - Need help quitting? Get support and earn rewards
- Women’s Health Preventive Screenings (PDF) - What screenings are important and when women should have them
When you call Member Services, you may hear one of the following messages:
Do you have kids that are 12 years old and younger? If so, join the Healthy Kids Club! This is a free educational program. It promotes fun ways for kids stay healthy. MHS Healthy Kids Club members get:
- A membership card from RosieRoo.
- A monthly e-newsletter with healthy tips and recipes.
- A fun, educational book mailed every three months.
Have you recently moved? Do you have a new mailing address? Its important MHS has the right address so we can contact you about your health plan and benefits. If you need to update your address, please call the Department of Family Resources (DFR) at 1-800-403-0864. Don’t miss any important information – call today!
MHS wants to help you take charge of your health – no matter where you are. The new MyMHS mobile app gives you access to your member information, anytime, anywhere!
With the MyMHS app, you can find a nearby provider, view your ID card, check your My Health Pays balance, contact MHS and more. MyMHS is free and easy to use. Search for ‘MHS Indiana’ on the App Store or on Google Play. Download the app today and stay connected to your care!
Did you know that it is currently flu season? Protect yourself by getting your flu vaccine today! The flu can make you sick and really slow you down. Since you are a member of our health plan, the flu vaccine is NO COST to you. You CANNOT get the flu from the vaccine. Flu vaccines are available in doctor’s offices and some pharmacies. Ask your Member Services Representative where you can get a flu vaccine today. It’s that quick and easy!
Need help kicking the habit? Don’t give up! Each quit attempt moves you closer towards being tobacco free. And MHS and the Indiana Tobacco Quitline will help you. Members can earn up to $145 in My Health Pays rewards for calling the Indiana Quitline at 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669).