How to Enroll
Want to Apply for HIP?
How to Apply
- Applications can be made online at HIP.IN.gov, by mail, fax or phone, or by visiting a local FSSA Division of Family Resources (DFR) office. You can find your local DFR office by going to HIP.IN.gov.
Where to Find More Information
- To learn more about HIP or to see if you’re eligible, go to HIP.IN.gov or call 1-877-GET-HIP-9.
- Hoosiers interested in HIP can go to HIP.IN.gov and see if they’re eligible based on their income and family size. Based on the information they enter, the calculator will indicate if the right place to apply is with the state or federal marketplace.
Fast Track Eligibility
- Hoosiers interested in applying for HIP can choose to participate in Fast Track Eligibility. To participate in Fast Track, you need to pay the $10 prepayment within 60 calendar days of completing your HIP application. Prepayment could advance your benefit start date. If you are determined not to be eligible for HIP, this prepayment will be fully refunded to you. If your application is approved, the Fast Track prepayment amount will be applied to your initial POWER Account contribution.
- It’s important to note that your ongoing monthly POWER Account contribution amount may be more or less than the initial Fast Track prepayment.