Are you struggling with addiction? Are you trying to get on the right track? Do you have a friend or family member who needs support?
Opioid use is one of the country’s biggest drug problems. It continues to have a devastating impact on Hoosier families. Being informed is key.
MHS and the state of Indiana want you to know the facts about opioid use (PDF):
- Opioid use disorder is a disease
- There is treatment
- Recovery is possible
Those who struggle with addiction need resources and community support. The following organizations will connect you with drug treatment services in your area:
- Indiana 211 - Connects Hoosiers to substance abuse resources by dialing 2-1-1 on your landline or cellular phone
- Next Level Recovery Indiana - Provides access to resources on prevention, education, treatment options, and how parents can protect their kids. The geolocation feature can tell you what treatment services are available in real time.
- Fresh Start for You (PDF) - Learn more about the Behavioral Health program and earning CentAccount rewards
- Indiana's Opioid Epidemic (PDF) - MHS programs to help with substance use
- Opioid Information (PDF) - What parents need to know about teen substance use
- Stay Safe When Using Pain Medication (PDF) - What to do to keep your family safe when prescribed opioid medications
- Krames Health Library - Extensive library of evidence-based, peer-reviewed information written specifically for patients. Below are three health sheets that discuss opioid use:
- Forming an Opioid Treatment Plan (PDF) - How to form a treatment plan when prescribed opioids for your pain
- Taking Opioid Medicines (PDF) - How to use, store and dispose of opioids safely
- Understanding Opioid Medicines for Pain Management (PDF) - Learn how opioids work to treat your pain
- Understanding the Risks and Side Effects of Opioid Medicines (PDF) - Understand the signs and symptoms of an opioid overdose and what to do if it occurs
Contact a MHS Care Manager
Want to talk to a Care Manager about the personalized support and services MHS offers? Call 1-877-647-4848 and ask for Care Management.
In crisis? Need to talk right now?
- Crisis Text Line (PDF) - If you are struggling with substance use & need support, text MHS to 741741. It’s free, anonymous & available 24/7. You are not alone.
- 24-Hour Nurse Advice Line (PDF) - If your doctor’s office is closed, call our nurse advice line at 1-877-647-4848 (TDD/TTY 1-800-743-3333) and select ‘nurse’ for questions about health concerns such as proper dosage of medications.