Break Free from Tobacco
MHS wants to help you break free from tobacco. Tobacco use remains the single most preventable cause of death and disease in the United States, claiming more than 480,000 lives per year. Quitting smoking can have immediate as well as long-term benefits for you and your loved ones.
Quitting tobacco is hard. You may have tried to quit several times before—two, three, four or more times—and you’re still hooked. Don’t give up! Each quit attempt moves you closer toward success. Let us help you today!
Call the free, confidential Indiana Tobacco Quitline today at 1-800-QUIT-NOW. The Quitline is an telephone counseling program that offers one-on-one coaching to tobacco users who have decided to quit.
You can earn $20 in My Health Pays rewards by working with the Indiana Tobacco Quitline. The Quitline is a telephone counseling program that offers one-on-one coaching to tobacco users who have decided to quit. It's easy to get started - just call 1-800-QUIT-NOW. Be sure to tell them you are an MHS member to earn your rewards!
|Enroll with the Indiana Tobacco Quitline||$20|
MHS will pay for quit aids like Nicotine gum, lozenges and patches as part of your health coverage. Talk with your doctor about which choices are best for you.
Smoking and Pregnancy
Are you pregnant? Do you smoke? It’s not too late to quit. Quitting now can make a big difference in your baby’s life. The Quitline has a special program for helping women during pregnancy. Call 1-800-QUIT-NOW.
Reasons To Quit
- Tobacco use is responsible for 1 out of every 5 deaths in the U.S.
- Smokers live 10 years less, on average, than non-smokers.
- Smokers have more health problems and visit the doctor much more than non-smokers.
- The average smoker in Indiana will spend more than $2,500 on cigarettes each year. That’s $130,000 over a lifespan!
- There are many great reasons to quit. Ask MHS for help today.