How to Apply for Medicaid in Indiana
Before you can join MHS as an Indiana Medicaid member, you need to fill out an Indiana Medicaid application.
There are several ways to apply for Medicaid in Indiana:
- Apply online for Medicaid though Indiana Family and Social Services Administration
- Apply in Person: locate and contact your local DFR Office.
- Apply by Phone: call 1-800-403-0864.
Visit in.gov/fssa for more information.
Apply for Hoosier Healthwise
Hoosier Healthwise (HHW) is the State of Indiana’s health care program for children, pregnant women, and families with low income.
Based on family income, children up to age 19 may be eligible for coverage. HHW covers medical care like doctor visits, prescription medicine, mental health care, dental care, hospitalizations, surgeries, and family planning at little or no cost to the member or the member’s family.
INFORMATION REQUIRED TO COMPLETE THE INDIANA MEDICAID APPLICATION
For each person in your household, you will need to know:
- Names and dates of birth
- Social Security Numbers
- Income from jobs or training
- Benefits you get now (or got in the past), such as Social Security, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), veteran's benefits, or child support
- Family and tax relationship information
- If you are aged, blind, disabled, or receiving Medicare, the amount of money in your checking accounts, savings accounts, or other resources you own
- Payments for adult or child care health coverage and/or medical benefits you currently have
Go to the Find My Local DFR Office website to get the specific Indiana Medicaid application instructions based on your county of residence.
View a list of enrollment centers around the state where you can go to apply for Hoosier Healthwise (Indiana Medicaid).