How to Enroll
Hoosier Healthwise (HHW) is the State of Indiana’s health care program for children, pregnant women, and families with low income. Based on family income, children up to age 19 may be eligible for coverage. HHW covers medical care like doctor visits, prescription medicine, mental health care, dental care, hospitalizations, surgeries, and family planning at little or no cost to the member or the member’s family. How to apply? Call 1-800-889-9949 or visit in.gov/fssa
INFORMATION REQUIRED TO COMPLETE MEDICAID APPLICATION
For each person in your household you will need to know:
- Names and dates of birth;
- Social Security Numbers;
- Income from jobs or training;
- Benefits you get now (or got in the past), such as Social Security, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), veteran's benefits, or child support;
- Family and tax relationship information;
- If you are aged, blind, disabled, or receiving Medicare, the amount of money in your checking accounts, savings accounts, or other resources you own; and
- Payments for adult or child care health coverage and/or medical benefits you currently have.
Go to the Find My Local DFR Office website to get the specific application instructions based on your county of residence.
View a list of enrollment centers around the state where you can go to enroll.