Skip to Main Content

Pharmacy Forms

Pharmacy Prior Authorization

Some medications listed on the MHS PDL may require a prior authorization. The prior authorization request should be submitted by the doctor or pharmacist on the Medication Prior Authorization Form. Directions on how to submit are included on this form.

MHS will cover medication if it is determined that:

  • There is a medical reason the member needs the specific medication.
  • Depending on the medication, other medications on the PDL have not worked.

Pharmacy Medication Prior Authorization Forms

Request a Drug to Be Added to the PDL

The health plan formulary/Preferred Drug List (PDL) is based on the plan benefits and is updated on a regular basis. If you believe a medication merits an addition to the PDL, a request may be submitted using the Formulary Change Request form (PDF). The current PDL, which includes information regarding covered drugs, restrictions, prior authorization requirements, limitations, etc., is located on the health plan website.

Home Infusion Medications

For home infusion medications and related supplies, use the universal IHCP prior authorization form (PDF).

For more information on home infusion, see home infusion provider notice.

Specialty Forms

Last Updated: 08/18/2022