Foster Care Resources
Are you a foster parent? Looking for foster care resources? Do you know a family who needs support?
There are 31,042 Hoosier children in foster care. MHS and the state of Indiana continue to stay up-to-date on issues affecting foster children and families in your community.
The following organizations will connect you with foster care resources and services in your area:
- Adult & Child Health – Provides therapeutic foster care training programs, licensing forms and information, and other foster care resources.
- Children’s Bureau, Inc. – For information on foster care, older youth services, adoption, child care and home-based services, and training opportunities.
- Child Welfare Information Gateway – For information about National Foster Care Month, partners of the organization, resources, real life foster care stories, and ways to connect.
- Indiana Association of Resources and Child Advocacy (IARCA) – Promotes cooperation among organizations providing services to children and their families.
- Indiana Department of Child Services – Provides access to information for foster parents, foster children, relative/kinship caregivers, forms, and policies.
- Indiana Foster & Adoptive Parents – Provides up-to-date information on foster care legislation, ways to get involved, advocacy, and support for foster care.
- Indiana’s Waiting Children – Meet Indiana’s children in foster care waiting for adoption.
- Foster Fairies – Looking for ways to donate to foster children in your area? Know a foster child or family who is in need of supplies? Foster Fairies assists with foster families’ needs and wishes.
- Foster Success – Offers assistance and resources designed to successfully help youth transitioning out of the foster care system.
- The Villages of Indiana – Offers a number of programs related to Indiana families and children. Find information on becoming a foster or adoptive parent, including info sessions and foster parent training opportunities.
- Child Abuse Prevention Month
- National Foster Care Month
- This is Quitting – A free mobile program designed to help young people quit vaping. The text messaging program incorporates messages from other young people like them who have attempted to, or successfully quit, e-cigarettes. Text KICK1 to 88709 to get started. Or, print materials: flyer, flyer, card, card
- Indiana Child Abuse and Neglect Hotline: 1-800-800-5556
- Foster Care Helpline: 888-631-9510
- MHS Dedicated Foster Care Team: 1-877-647-4848 and ask for Foster Care Team
- Darby Boingg Helps a Friend on a Foster Care Journey (PDF)
- Darby Boingg Helps a Friend on a Foster Care Journey - Parent Guide (PDF)
Need Help Right Now?
- Dial 2-1-1 for free, confidential services any time, any day of the week. Connect to food, shelter, housing assistance, employment services, counseling resources, and safety from crises and emergencies. Available 24/7/365.
- If you are struggling & need support, text MHS to 741741. It’s free, anonymous & available 24/7. You are not alone. Learn more on our Crisis Text Line page.