Special Programs and Services
This is an outreach team of MHS staff who can help you one-on-one with understanding your health coverage and other community resources. MemberConnections can provide in-person or over-the-phone help. They will help you build a relationship with your doctor, help you understand your health benefits and put you in touch with community resources. If you are in need of transportation, food, shelter or other health programs, MemberConnections can help. Call MHS Member Services for more information at 1-877-647-4848.
Connections Plus® Cell Phone
MHS can lend a cell phone to our members enrolled in care management who do not have access to a regular phone. Connections Plus cell phones are programmed to make calls to and receive calls from the MHS Care Management team, a member’s PMP, other doctors in the treatment plan, MHS’ 24 hour nurse advice line and family who support the member’s care plan.
SafeLink Cell Phone
SafeLink is a federal program that gives qualifying members a free cell phone and 350 minutes, 3 GB of data and unlimited texts per month. The SafeLink program gives you the ability to make and receive calls from your doctors, nurses, pharmacy, 911, family and friends. And in the SafeLink program you will have unlimited calling to MHS’ toll-free number 1-877-647-4848 to talk with MHS Member Services, Care Managers, MemberConnections or any other MHS team without it counting toward your minutes. Members can keep their SafeLink phone regardless of their enrollment with MHS.
Join the MHS Healthy Kids Club!
It’s FREE and fun for kids!
MHS is your partner in health. We are starting a new MHS Healthy Kids Club, and we want your kids to join!
This is a FREE educational program. The club is geared towards kids 12 and under, and anyone can sign up. It will promote fun ways for kids to stay healthy.
MHS Healthy Kids Club members will get:
- A membership card from RosieRoo.
- A monthly e-newsletter with healthy tips and recipes. It will also have fun activities to share with friends and family.
- A fun, educational book mailed every three months.
Member Advisory Council
MHS invites groups of our members from around the state to talk with us four times a year. Discussions include the services MHS provides and how members feel about their doctors as well as how they feel about our programs. Members also look at our print materials and website information. MHS uses this information to make program changes based on our members’ feedback. If you are interested in being part of our Member Advisory Council, call MHS Member Services at 1-877-647-4848.
Family Education Network
MHS and the Indiana Minority Health Coalition have teamed up to create the Family Education Network. The network provides face-to-face and telephonic benefit education to MHS members on a variety of topics. The network representatives can help explain Medicaid health plan benefits and coverage as well as an overview of MHS programs and special services available to you. Call MHS Member Services to schedule a free referral at 1-877-647-4848.
The MHS member ombudsman program is a partnership between MHS and Mental Health America of Indiana. An ombudsman is someone who works to help you get a problem solved. MHS members can contact an ombudsman for free to discuss any problems they may be having with MHS, MHS services, MHS doctors or any other part of their healthcare. The ombudsman is neutral, so they do not side with MHS or the Medicaid program. The ombudsman will work with you to get your problem solved. If you are an MHS member (or a legal representative), please call if:
- You have unresolved questions about your MHS benefits or services.
- You want to know what your MHS rights and responsibilities are for your MHS coverage.
- You need assistance with the appeals process, including filling out the proper paperwork, documenting verbal appeals or guidance through the appeals process.
If you want the assistance of an ombudsman, please call them toll-free at 1-877-647-5326, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. Monday through Friday.
MyMHS Mobile App
Healthcare shouldn’t be stressful. MHS is proud to offer a great new tool that can help you take charge of your health. The new MyMHS mobile app is FREE. It gives you access to your member benefit and personal health information anytime, anywhere!
The MyMHS Mobile App puts these tools at your fingertips:
- Find a Provider – Use the map to find a doctor, hospital or urgent care clinic close to you.
- My Health Pays Rewards – See rewards earned and your card balance.
- Health Needs Screening (HNS) – Complete the survey within 90 days of joining MHS as a new member to earn a My Health Pays reward.
- HIP Payment – Eligible HIP members can make a payment to their POWER Account.
- Health Alerts – Stay up-to-date on doctor’s visits and screenings. See your health alerts and gaps in care.
- ID Card – View your MHS ID card and show it to your provider when you get care.
- Benefits – See your plan information. Find out more about benefits and covered services.
- Notification of Pregnancy (NOP) – If you are pregnant, notify MHS and start earning additional My Health Pays rewards.
- Call Your Doctor – Call your primary medical provider (PMP) with one touch.
- Contact MHS – Call Member Services or the MHS 24 hour free nurse advice line with one touch.
Access your MHS info, even on the go, with the free, easy-to-use MyMHS app. Search for ‘MHS Indiana’ on the App Store ® or on Google PlayTM. Download the app today and stay connected to your care!
Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Android, Google Play, and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc.