Filing a Grievance
How to file a grievance
You can file a grievance by writing or by calling MHS within 60 business days from the matter that caused grievance. A member or the member’s representative may write, phone, or fax the grievance to:
- Written: MHS Member Services, P.O. Box 441567, Indianapolis, IN 46244
- Phone: MHS Member Services, at 1-877-647-4848 (TTY: 1-800-743-3333)
A written grievance needs to include:
- Your name, phone number, address, and signature.
- Your Hoosier Care Connect member identification number.
- The reason(s) why you are unhappy.
- How you want MHS to help.
You can present copies of papers that support your case in person or in writing. MHS will send you a letter within three business days to tell you we have your grievance on file and to let you know your rights and the next steps. All grievances are resolved within 30 business days. The result is sent to you in writing within 5 business days of the decision. MHS may ask for an extra 14 business days to make a decision. If we need more time, we will let you know in writing before the 5 business days of the decision. If you are not happy with the result of your grievance you have the right to file an appeal.
Learn about how to file an appeal.