Vision benefits are provided for members in the following plans:
- HIP Plus
- HIP State Plan
- HIP Pregnancy/HIP Maternity members receive vision coverage following Hoosier Healthwise benefits.
Find an Eye Doctor
- Start your eye doctor search
- Click on “Find a Provider”
- Choose MHS Healthy Indiana Plan HIP 2.0 as your Plan
Covered Routine Care
Members ages 19 and 20:
- One routine vision exam every year
- New eyeglasses after your exam if your vision has changed significantly since your last pair, or as determined by your doctor
Members ages 21 and older:
- One routine vision exam every two years
- New eyeglasses after your exam if your vision has changed significantly since your last pair, or as determined by your doctor. If your vision has not changed, then you are covered for new eyeglasses once every five years.
Enhanced Vision Benefits
Members can receive their covered in full eyewear OR opt out of the standard benefit and receive $75 towards their eyewear.
HIP Basic coverage does not include vision coverage. Take charge of your health next year and POWER Up to HIP Plus! You’ll receive enhanced benefits – like dental, vision and chiropractic coverage – with no copays and a low, predictable monthly payment.