Get Your Well-Child Exam - Earn Rewards - Win Free Tickets
MHS is partnering with Science Central to show kids that Healthy Bodies = Healthy Minds. Did you know that all kids should have a well-child visit with their primary care doctor every year? This visit is covered by your MHS benefits - there is no cost to you!
- MHS will reward you for your child's exam! Your child will earn $20 on their My Health Pays reward card for the well-child visit.
- Rewards can be used to buy healthy groceries, baby care items, over-the-counter medicine and more.
And, a special contest for kids in Allen County:
- Every child in Allen County who completes their well-child visit in 2020 will be entered in a drawing to win FREE tickets to Science Central.
- Science Central musuem in Ft. Wayne helps kids learn about science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) - the most important subjects that kids will need to know in the future. A visit to Science Central can spark a child’s curiosity and encourage excitement about STEM learning.
- All kids should have a well-child exam each year. It's part of your MHS benefits - NO COST to you!
- Your child will earn $20 in rewards on their My Health Pays card.
- You'll be entered to win FREE tickets to Science Central.
- Need help finding a provider for your child? Use the Find a Provider search on the right.
- Need help scheduling an appointment? Call Member Services at 1-877-647-4848.
Did you know that your child could do better in school just by eating healthy foods and staying physically active? Research proves it! Here are some easy things you can do to help your child succeed in school:
- Make sure your child eats a healthy breakfast every morning. Ask your child’s school if they have a breakfast program.
- Pack your child a healthy snack to have during snack time. It will help provide fuel in between meals for kids at school.
- Help your child to get at least 60 minutes of physical activity each day. Some ideas are playing catch outside, going to a park, or riding bikes together.
- Make sure your child gets plenty of sleep every night. Kids need different amounts of sleep at different ages. Elementary school-aged kids need up to 11 hours of sleep each night.
MHS is here to help your kids stay healthy so they can be the best students they can be. Make sure your child gets a well-child exam from their primary medical provider (PMP) every year. It’s free as part of your MHS health coverage! Your child’s PMP is also a good resource for ways to help them stay healthy and succeed in school.
Did you know that spiders are an important part of the food chain? Have you ever wondered what kinds of spiders are around your neighborhood? Science Central has an exhibit called Spiders! that will answer all your questions. There are even 100 different kinds of real spiders for you to see. Make sure you eat a healthy meal and get some exercise before you go so that your brain will be ready to remember all the cool things you’ll learn!