Recovery is Possible
The path to recovery is different for every individual. Very few are able to quit without the proper medical assistance and community support networks. While there has been an increased severity of the epidemic in recent years, treatment is available and recovery is possible.
MHS is working closely with providers, pharmacies and community services to support our members who are struggling with substance use.
- Ambetter Opioid Prescribing Limits (PDF) - New limitations on prescribing opioids
- Fresh Start for You (PDF) - Behavioral Health program for members
- Helping Patients While Keeping Them Safe (PDF) - Address treatments for pain management and provide safe care
- Opioid Prescribing Limits - Provider Notification of Opioid Limits
- Provider Notification (PDF) - Notification of Removal of PA for Buprenorphine Medication Assistance Therapy
- Krames Health Library - Extensive library of evidence-based, peer-reviewed information that can be printed out and given to patients. Below are three health sheets that discuss opioid use:
- Forming an Opioid Treatment Plan (PDF) - How to form a treatment plan when prescribed opioids for your pain
- Taking Opioid Medicines (PDF) - How to use, store and dispose of opioids safely
- Understanding Opioid Medicines for Pain Management (PDF) - Learn how opioids work to treat your pain
- American Hospital Association Opioid Toolkit - Provides guidance and resources to hospitals and health systems on how to work with patients, clinicians and communities to address the opioid epidemic
- Bitter Pill - Information on safe handling and disposal of medication
- Next Level Recovery Indiana - Additional resource that includes best practice guidelines for treatment of opioid use disorders (OUDs) in the state of Indiana
Refer a Member for Services
Want to refer a member to Care Management? Our Care Management and Behavioral Health programs can help you help your patient by supporting your treatment plan and assisting in getting the services you order. Care Managers can also help address issues such as housing, food and transportation that may be barriers to treatment.
Refer a member through the Secure Provider Portal quickly and easily. Just search for the member using the Quick Eligibility Check, click on the member’s name, and then select Referrals in the left hand menu. You may also call Provider Services at 1-877-647-4848.