Hoosier Care Connect
Beginning April 1, 2017, MDwise will no longer be a Hoosier Care Connect health plan.
If you have MDwise for Hoosier Care Connect:
- Don’t worry! You will still have Medicaid and get full Medicaid benefits like you do now.
- You will need to choose another health plan to manage your care.
- You have until March 15, 2017 to choose a new plan. Call the Hoosier Care Connect program at 1-866-963-7383.
- Managed Health Services (MHS) is one of the plans you can choose.
If you do not choose a new plan by March 15, the state will choose one for you.
At MHS, we believe health coverage shouldn’t be stressful. We have lots of great programs and services to help you stay healthy. We want to make sure you get the services you need.
- Care Coordinators – Your Care Coordinator will help answer your health questions and work with your providers. They will build an action plan to help you stay healthy.
- MyMHS Mobile App –See your member benefits and account information anytime, anywhere on our free app.
- MHS Healthy Rewards – MHS rewards you for being active in your health. You can earn rewards for healthy activities. You can spend those rewards at local stores on personal care items and over-the-counter medicines.
- Secure Member Portal – Choose your doctor. View CentAccount rewards. Get your secure information and more on our member portal.
- MHS Nurse Advice Line – Talk with a nurse 24 hours a day. The Nurse Advice Line is staffed by bi-lingual nurses. They are ready to help answer your health questions.
- Member and Community Events – MHS hosts more than 400 free educational events every year. Learn about how your coverage works, healthy cooking and more. Check out our events calendar on mhsindiana.com.
Visit mhsindiana.com or call Member Services at 1-877-647-4848 to learn more about MHS.
Remember to choose your new health plan by March 15!
Managed Health Services® (MHS) is a managed care entity (MCE) that has been serving Indiana residents for more than 20 years through Hoosier Healthwise and Healthy Indiana Plan. MHS is now serving the Hoosier Care Connect population. Hoosier Care Connect serves those persons who are aged, blind or disabled. Currently MHS has several care management programs, as well as a thorough provider network for specialty services, but every day we are expanding our health plan and provider network to meet the needs of this program.
Learn more about MHS.
As a new Hoosier Care Connect member, please take a moment to review these important first steps and resources:
|Explore the Provider Network We understand you want to see your personal doctors. Use our “find a provider” search to see if your practitioners are a part of the MHS network. Our provider list is growing every day. Please check back each week for an updated listing of in-network Hoosier Care Connect doctors, hospitals and specialists. If you need more help, you can also call us at 1-877-647-4848.|
|Preventive Care and Healthy Rewards Members can earn reward dollars by completing their health needs screening and staying up to date on preventive care. Rewards can be used to buy things like healthy groceries, personal care items, as well as over the counter drugs such as cough medicine or pain relief medicine.|
|Read Your Handbook & Quick Reference Guide Your Handbook and your quick reference guide will tell you about your benefits and how to keep the services and programs that you can use as a member. You can find information such as how to join care management services, how to get transportation to your doctors appointments, your member rights and responsibilities, and more!|
|Health Library We realize sometimes questions slip your mind when talking with your doctor. Now you can search for answers 24 hours a day. Access more than 4,000 topics relating to health and medication using our Health Library. Learn about wellness, read about Illness, or get tips on fitness. We have information for all ages and health needs.|
|Care Management MHS offers several specialized health programs for your care management needs, including Diabetes, COPD, Asthma, and more. We also offer a Children with Special Needs program for children with developmental or chronic health conditions. MHS has nurses who are trained to help our members with their health conditions. MHS also has Social Workers to assist you with emergency housing and utility needs. MHS Social Workers can also help connect you with community-based services.|
|MHS Education Network The Network provides in-person, specialized education to Hoosier Care Connect members on many topics, such as your health plan benefits, how to access care, MHS programs, and your rights and responsibilities. This program is built on a partnership between MHS and access ABILITY Center for Independent Living, Inc serving Marion County. Our Ombusdman program is designed to assist MHS members in finding effective ways to resolve concerns or complaints about the benefits and services provided under your MHS coverage plan. If you need help, please call the Ombudsman at 1-877-647-5326.|
|Complete Your Health Needs Screening Complete the survey online, through the member portal, or over the phone at 1-877-647-4848. MHS wants to make sure your family doctor can best support your condition. By taking this survey, you will tell us about all of your health conditions or special health needs. This will help us to help you manage your care and be healthy. You also get $30 for completing this survey within 30 days of becoming an MHS member. Or, you can get $10 for completing it within 90 days.|
Your Member ID Card
This is an example of your Hoosier Care Connect member ID card. You will get this card in the mail within five business days of your enrollment. If you did not get your member ID card after five business days, please use our contact us form to send us a message. Or, you can use secure messaging through your member portal account.