Healthy Indiana Plan (HIP) Members
Dental benefits are provided by MHS Dental Services for the following members:
- HIP State Plan Plus - benefits same as the benefits offered in Hoosier Healthwise (see below)
- HIP State Plan Basic – benefits same as the benefits offered in Hoosier Healthwise (see below)
- HIP Plus – dental benefits include:
- evaluations and cleanings (one per 12 months, adults age 21-64; one per 6 months, adults age 19-20)
- bitewing x-rays (4 x-rays per person per benefit year)
- comprehensive x-rays (1 complete set every 3 years)
- minor restorative services, such as fillings (4 per person per benefit year)
- major restorative services, such as crowns (1 per person per benefit year)
- HIP Basic – benefits are not a covered service, except for members who are 19 or 20 years of age, as well as pregnant members.
Hoosier Healthwise, CHIP and Hoosier Care Connect Members
Effective January 1, 2017, dental benefits are provided by MHS Dental Services. The dental services will be the same as noted below. You may continue to see your current dentist until March 31, 2017. After that time, dental services must be received through a MHS network dentist.
The following listed dental services are covered, as long as you visit an Indiana Medicaid network dentist:
- One cleaning every six months for members 1-20 years old
- One cleaning every year for members 21 and older
- X-rays and fillings
- Getting teeth pulled (based on medical necessity)
- Fluoride treatment every six months for members 1-20 years old
- Orthodontia for children (based on medical necessity)
- Dentures, partials and repairs (with limits)
- Dental surgery (with limits)
- Emergency dental services
Some dental services must be approved in advance, including dentures and dental surgery. Your dentist can help you get approval.
Find a Network Dentist
Click here to use our Find a Provider tool or call MHS Member Services at 1-877-647-4848.