Medicaid may have contacted you and mentioned something called “Open Enrollment”.
Open enrollment means:
- You will be able to choose MHS as your health plan and
- Remain in your chosen health plan for one year as long as you remain eligible for Hoosier Healthwise.
With open enrollment, you can change your health plan:
- Anytime during your first 90 days with MHS
- Each year during open enrollment
- If your doctor changes to another health plan and you want to stay with him or her
- When you have a good reason called, “just cause”
If you think you have a just cause reason to change your health plan, let us try to help. You must first contact MHS so that we can try to fix the problem.
If you are still unhappy after contacting MHS, you can call the Hoosier Healthwise Helpline at (800) 889-9949. They will review your request and give you forms to fill out to make a change.
For more information on open enrollment, read the Open Enrollment page from the FSSA Web site.