Healthy Indiana Plan 2.0 Gets Federal Approval
Federal officials have approved HIP 2.0. MHS wants to make sure you are informed!
- Is Indiana’s plan to improve and expand the successful Healthy Indiana Plan (HIP)
- Will replace traditional Medicaid in Indiana for all non-disabled Hoosiers ages 19-64
- Will provide a coverage option for an estimated 334,000 to 598,334 Hoosiers
When will HIP 2.0 start?
- FSSA has been working for months to implement HIP 2.0 and will begin taking applications immediately. Hoosiers interested in HIP 2.0 can go to http://www.HIP.IN.gov to see if they’re eligible based on their income and family size. Based on the information they enter, the calculator will indicate if the right place to apply is with the state or federal marketplace
When and how can Hoosiers apply?
- Hoosiers can apply for HIP 2.0 now! Applications can be made online at http://www.HIP.IN.gov, by mail, fax or phone, or by visiting a local FSSA Division of Family Resources (DFR) office. You can also find your local DFR office by going to http://www.HIP.IN.gov
- In addition, the federal marketplace will be working with us to get Hoosiers eligible for HIP 2.0 enrolled. The federal marketplace will begin sending applications to the state for Hoosiers who have applied for coverage there but may now be income eligible for the Healthy Indiana Plan
Where can Hoosiers find more info?
- To learn more about the NEW Healthy Indiana Plan – HIP 2.0 – or to see if you’re eligible, go to http://www.HIP.IN.gov or call 1-877-GET-HIP-9
- Healthcare providers can expect a provider bulletin with the details of HIP 2.0 to be published in the near future
How will FSSA help Hoosiers sign up for HIP 2.0?
- FSSA has been working for months to make the system changes necessary to implement HIP 2.0 and has trained its eligibility workers to be ready to begin helping Hoosiers and processing applications as they apply
- FSSA worked with a wide-ranging coalition of healthcare providers, enrollment organizations and social services providers beginning last summer to develop a comprehensive public education strategy that it will begin deploying immediately
- FSSA will continue to engage and educate these stakeholders, including Indiana’s statewide network of more than 1,100 certified navigators
- Letters will be mailed to existing HIP members and non-disabled adults who will be transitioning to HIP 2.0
- The site http://www.HIP.IN.gov has been updated so it now contains information about HIP 2.0, including a calculator to help Hoosiers know if they are eligible for coverage. Hoosiers can also apply starting immediately. The website includes preliminary training information for stakeholders such as healthcare providers and navigators. Information will continue to be added
- In the coming months, FSSA will promote and sponsor events around the state where Hoosiers can learn about HIP 2.0 in person from health coverage experts. FSSA will also support the statewide outreach efforts of the stakeholder organizations as they execute their own plans to engage Hoosiers now eligible for the Healthy Indiana Plan
- FSSA will also develop a traditional marketing campaign including collateral materials, training, TV and radio advertising, etc., and ongoing media outreach around the state to help ensure awareness of HIP 2.0
MHS is proud to serve all our members. This includes the Health Insurance Marketplace as well as Indiana Medicaid. We look forward to continuing to provide health benefits for Hoosiers. Choosing health insurance shouldn’t be stressful!